Friday 7 November 2008

Don't Blame Sarah

This summer, I had decided not to vote at all. I reasoned, what's worse?
  • A McCain presidency which would devastate conservatism?
or
  • an Obama presidency which would give an opportunity for conservative resurgence in two years?
I figured that they were pretty much equally bad, fueling my decision not to vote. I was not the only one to be thinking this way. In my small circle of friends, a number of us had come to the same conclusion.

But then McCain brought Sarah Palin into the picture. This was enough to encourage me not only to vote but to put forth my best arguments against Obama's candidacy.

Word is that McCain people are trying to lay the blame on Sarah for his failure. They could not be more wrong. McCain could hardly draw a crowd unless Sarah were on stage with him. Sarah enthused the base and brought volunteers to disheartened county GOP headquarters throughout the U.S. McCain should be sending flowers and thank you letters to Sarah every month for the next four years to express his much owed appreciation for her tireless, enthusiastic effort to boost him over the top.

No comments: